Yeah, this might be a placeholder post, I’m still avoiding just buckling down and posting the five or six half-finished posts I’ve started. Sorry, Amy. I’ll get on that real soon.
- Perhaps twitter has fried my brain and I can’t write more than 140 characters at a time?
- This is a weekend of some historical significance–
- Three years ago, The Shaner died. RIP, my brother. I haven’t been on a motorcycle since.
- Two years ago, I was at Norwich University graduating from my Master’s program.
- One year ago, I was at my brother’s graduation in Houston, obsessively checking the iPhone for updates on the Stanley Cup Game Seven, and texting my favorite hockey fan about it. The next day, I drove one of my brother’s cars home from Houston to Kentucky solo. That was a LONG trip.
- Tonight, Dad and I met the guy who builds covered docks down at the lake. I hope this covered dock thing actually happens. You have no idea how much easier it would make life down at the lake to not have to struggle with that messy, nasty “canvas.”
- Nashville once again reminds me it is a fun town…I had a great time on Monday at the NHL Tweetup and flood relief fundraiser. There might have even been some photos. Shortly after that photo of me was taken (you did look, right?), the ladies confiscated my belt clip for my iPhone. Katie called it “Chick Repellent.” Ok, so looking at the photo…she might have a point.
- Mike is here tonight, we continued our tradition of watching non-family-safe movies while he’s away and has the chance to do so. Tonight’s selection: Shutter Island. Freaky.
- I got the Jetta back! More testing is needed, but we think it was all due to a faulty crank sensor. Time will tell. For the first time in my life, I now have a backup vehicle. It’s about time!
- I’ve managed to spend time in Nashville the last 2-3 weekends (I think), it’s all a blur. It’s true what they say about time seeming to go faster as we age…is it really June already? I never thought summer would get here, now it’s flying by WAY too fast.
- I’m still hoping to make it to Wisconsin for a summer visit, but I don’t know if my [lack of] “vacation” schedule will allow for it.
- I’ve been slacking on the running due to injury and illness. Time to get back on the horse. Also: Strength training. Time to push through the soreness and pain. Ouch.
- I discovered there will be a Field Day operation here in Hopkinsville. I think I’ll offer to help out as an operator rather than try to set up my own single-op station.
- Clark Milam is the best dog ever.
- Oh, and I hope to cross a couple of “bucket list” items off this weekend.
Finally…I’ve been staring at this quote from a text I sent a while back for too long and I need to just drop it here and get it over with because I’m sick of seeing it in my drafts folder:
“I just wonder if anyone in the old Nashville crew ever wonders what happened to that Chuck guy from Kentucky.”
When I wrote that, I was kind of maudlin. Now, after some recent events…I’m cool. The old reliable Nashville crew never forgot me…and there’s some new members that are all kinds of awesome. With that, I’m out…time for bed. Friday tomorrow! Oh, that reminds me: Fridays used to be party nights…now it seems they’re for rest, packing and preparation for the weekend, and it’s not just me doing it. We must be getting old. Heh.